The Group 1 2009 Melbourne Cup was been thrown wide open after the box draw was conducted last night at the traditional Melbourne Cup ball.
Impressive winner, Take The Kitty has drawn the rails and has been installed equal favourite for popular New South Wales greyhound trainer Kenny Cheetham.
Fastest heat winner Mr Moorooduc, who had a very confortable draw in the heats is now drawn very awkwardly in box three with speedy Prankster boxed inside and multiple group winner Remo Rubik drawn in the four box.
Turanza Bale will face a stiffer task from box five than his heat win from box two, but Dyna Lachlan and Lord Ducal will know the way from their wide draws in boxes six and seven respectively, after both winning their heats from box eight.
Surprise heat winner Octare, who bolted in at huge odds beating the likes of Cindeen Shelby and Gripen Bale; gets another good chance to be the giant killer having drawn box eight for young trainer Jamie Ennis.
2009 Group 1 Solo Melbourne Cup Final
$250,000 Group 1 Final On Thursday 26 November
$175,000 To The Winner
- Box 1 – Take The Kitty – Ken Cheetham – $4.50
- Box 2 – Prankster – Robert Britton – $7
- Box 3 – Mr. Moorooduc – Dawn Johnston – $4.50
- Box 4 – Remo Rubik – Geoff Mitchell – $7
- Box 5 – Turanza Bale – Graeme Bate – $5.50
- Box 6 – Dyna Lachlan – Andrea Dailly – $5
- Box 7 – Lord Ducal – Jon Roberts – $10
- Box 8 – Octare – Jamie Ennis – $26
- 1st Res – Dawbilows Heaven – Gary Ennis
- 2nd Res – Gripen Bale – Graeme Bate