The Authority approved the following National Rule Amendments, adopted by Greyhounds Australasia, effective 1st January 2009.
The Rule Amendments relate to :
- Add definition of Prohibited Substance and substitute “drug” with “prohibited substance” within the Rules
- Add definitions of “exempted substance”
- Delete the Rules for Hurdle Racing
- Amend Rule 60(2) to read “The timing of runners in an Event shall be determined using electronic timing”
- Delete “No appeal shall lie in respect of an order made pursuant to this Rule” in Rule 71
- New Rule 105(A) regarding a reportable disease
- Add and amend Rule 136(3) and (4) regarding “Doubt of Identity/Parentage”
- Add Rule 86(ah) which relates to an offence for a registered person to associate with a disqualified person for the purposes of Greyhound Racing
A complete copy of the Rules will be available on the Authority’s Website www.ghrra.nsw.gov.au
on the effective date of these changes viz 1 January, 2009.