The Capalaba Greyhound racing Club today announced changes to the prize money structure paid by the Club which will deliver significant increases to lower grade races conducted by the Club.
The new prize money schedule will commence from 1 September 2009.
Brisbane Greyhound Racing Club (which now administers the Capalaba Club) General Manager, Luke Gatehouse said the changes were to increase returns to the rank and file participants who support the Capalaba Club on weekly basis.
“Capalaba is a grass roots track and the Committee have decided to channel more money into the grass roots races. The Committee approved the Business Plan for the Club last Friday, and this is the first of a range of initiatives that will come out of the Plan”, said Gatehouse.
The new prize money schedule will deliver the following increases:
- Maiden: $65 or 27%
- 5th Grade: $40 or 13%
- 4th Grade: $35 or 10%
- 3rd Grade: $20 or 5%
In addition, prize money for finals has been standardised across the board. From 1 September 2009, all Finals will carry $500 total prize money, with $340 to the winner.
The Prize Money for each grade of race will be:
- Grade Total 1st 2nd 3rd 4th
- Maiden $310 $200 $70 $30 $10
- 5th $350 $230 $75 $35 $10
- 4th $400 $260 $90 $40 $10
- 3rd $445 $300 $95 $40 $10
- 2nd $500 $340 $100 $50 $10
- 1st & All Finals $500 $340 $100 $50 $10
The Club also has moved to standardise its Feature Race prize money. The Club will also be introducing a new Feature Race – “The Capalaba Cup” in November 2009.
From 1 September 2009, the Feature Races conducted by Capalaba will carry the following prize money:
- Michael Miller Memorial $7,600 ($5,000 to winner)
- Capalaba Cup $3,800 ($2,500 to winner)
- Capalaba Derby $3,800 ($2,500 to winner)
- Capalaba Futurity $3,800 ($2,500 to winner)
- GQL Young Guns x 2 $3,800 ($2,500 to winner)