The Hoppers Crossing Security Grade 5 Final at Ballarat on Wednesday night could well be a stepping stone to stardom for Tarneit chaser Betty Boo.
Her trainer John Galea has a high opinion of his latest kennel sensation, who has now won seven of her eight race starts.
Betty Boo’s only race career blemish came at her first race start when she ran third at Warrnambool.
Galea has been progressively stepping Betty Boo up in distance, and she has not missed a beat.
“She just loves a challenge, and there is certainly more improvement left in her.” Galea said.
Betty Boo outclassed her rivals last week, and careered away for a six length victory to qualify for the 450 metre final.
She has drawn ideally in the coveted Box 1 for her assault on the final.
“She is a great box dog. With luck in running tonight she will certainly be hard to beat in the final” he said.
Betty Boo is exceptionally well bred being by Elite State, out of the dam Same View.
Elite State is one of Australia’s top sires, whilst Same View is the current track record holder for 650 metres at Ballarat.
The main opposition for Betty Boo is sure to come from Farmor Swift and Mandingo.
Farmor Swift will jump from an awkward Box 6 draw in the final.
The Rob Britton trained chaser has speed out of the boxes, and last week overran Kafelnikov in the straight to score an impressive victory.
Mandingo for top trainer Jason Thompson has won ten career races, with four of these coming from tonight’s Box 8 draw.
Form and Comment for the Hoppers Crossing Security Final :
- 1. 111 – Betty Boo (J. Galea, Tarneit) – Has won seven of her eight race starts. Quick
beginner who will take plenty of catching from her excellent box draw.
- 2. 181 – Pure Grunt (C. Fulton, Koo-Wee-Rup) – Seasoned performer who has won two of four at the track and distance. Well drawn but place preferred.
- 3. 231 – Dids (D. Knocker, Langwarrin) – Was slow out from the same box draw last week, but still good enough to record a four length victory. Chance but would need luck in running.
- 4. 162 – Kafelnikov (A. Langton, Anakie) – Led and run down in straight last week. Chance if he can produce the same turn of foot early.
- 5. 382 – Diesel Grange (D. Vigor, Lara) – Chased home Betty Boo last week. Awkward draw and would need luck in running.
- 6. 681 – Farmor Swift (R. Britton, Lara) – Good win last week and has speed out of the boxes. Chance if she can keep out of trouble early.
- 7. 652 – Brooklyn Roads (N. Walsh, Tullamarine) – Tends to be slow out of the boxes but can run home hard in his races. Place chance best.
- 8. 331 – Mandingo (J. Thompson, Pearcedale) – Has won four of five starts from this box draw. In astute kennel and is a definite chance.
- 9. Res 822 – Sheoak Woods (T. Reid, Yuroke) – Would need to draw well if he gets a run to be in the finish of the race.
- 10. Res 652 – Rexeray (P. Colthup, Cranbourne) – Hasn’t won in five attempts at the track and distance. Would need luck if he got a start.