RWWA Stewards today concluded an inquiry into a report from Principal Investigator Mr P. O’Reilly involving Public Trainer Mr G. Liebeck.
Evidence was taken from a City of Fremantle Shire Ranger, RWWA Principal Investigator Mr P. O’Reilly and RWWA Racing Industry Veterinarian Mr P. Symons.
Public Trainer Mr G. Liebeck pleaded guilty to the following charges:
- 1 Under Greyhound Rule 84(2) for being in possession of a prescription drug (penicillin) which was not prescribed by a Veterinary Surgeon.
- 2 Under Greyhound Rule 86(d) for providing misleading information to the RWWA Investigator.
- 3 Under Greyhound Rule 86(e) for refusing to give evidence when requested by the Stewards.
- 4 Under Greyhound Rule 86(q) for conduct detrimental to the image of Greyhound racing.
- 5 Further, Mr G. Liebeck was found guilty under Greyhound local rule 86B 1 (A) for using live animals for the purpose of exciting greyhounds in training.
In relation to penalty Stewards took into account the following:
- The seriousness of the offences
- Mr Liebeck’s guilty plea to four of the charges
- Mr Liebeck’s disciplinary record
- The damage done to the image of Greyhound racing
After consideration Mr Liebeck was subject to the following penalties:
- 1 A fine of $100.
- 2 A fine of $500.
- 3 Disqualification of twelve (12) months
- 4 Disqualification of six (6) months
- 5 Disqualification of twelve (12) months
Stewards further ruled that the three terms of disqualification be served concurrently.
Effectively Mr Liebeck is disqualified for a period of twelve (12) months effective immediately.