Bookmaker Grant Hamilton has installed Thai Alert the 5/4 favourite to win Bulli’s Group 3 Cyril Rowe Memorial South Coast Cup Final after his strong heat win in the fastest time of the two heats for trainer Richard Dean who also trained Repeated the winner of the first heat.
Repeated started odds on in his heat win when gaining the upper hand in the shadows of the post to defeat the early leader Little James.
Proven Diego winner of the Gold Plate a few weeks ago completely bundled the start in his heat and did well to qualify.
With a clean getaway from box six in the final the Mark Azzopardi trained dog will be the greyhound to beat.
Little James a very speedy customer going on last week’s heat performance will be in front for a long way and if the greyhound can find a length or two could emerge the victor at nice odds.
The market for Wednesday night’s final, with Hamilton’s prices is as follows:
Cyril Rowe Memorial South Coast Cup Final 472m
1. Little James Steve Gyftos 8/1
2. Tiggerlong Patch Margaret Keys 14/1
3. Magnifique Julie Fletcher 7/2
4. Thai Alert Richard Dean 5/4
5. Cradle Mountain Tracey Bryant 33/1
6. Proven Diego Mark Azzopardi 5/1
7. Repeated Richard Dean 9/2
8. Mahogany Blaze Steven Konkolics 15/1
9. Tiggerlong Patch Margaret Keys 33/1
10. Awesome Hustler Steven Konkolics 12/1