Wentworth Park’s first Performance Trials were conducted last Friday and Saturday night as New South Wales’ leading trainers made a bid to gain priority entry into this year’s Group 3 Centrebet Magic Maiden heats on April 10.
Friday Night saw Jason Mackay trained Zipping Catra (Malfoy x Or Catra) lead all the way over litter sister, Zipping Jewel in her smart 30.15 win, posting an impressive 13.98 second section in the process.
Litter brother Zipping Lad took out the second performance trial in convincing fashion, 6 ¼ lengths clear of Dyna Hackett in 30.17.
Wentworth Park’s second weekend over performance trials will be conducted over this Friday and Saturday’s meetings, prior to an unlimited four dog performance trial session on Thursday March 31, 2011.
The March 31 session will provide trainers with their final opportunity to increase their greyhound’s priority entry ranking for the April 10 heats.
Full details of the order of entry are below.
Following a number of queries after recent Media Releases relating to Performance Trial rules, the NSW GBOTA advises that greyhounds which have satisfactorily performance trialled prior to March 21, 2011 are not required to re performance trial in order to be eligible to nominate for the Centrebet Magic Maiden heats on April 10.
Greyhounds which still require a performance trial, as of March 21, must trial a distance of 440metres or greater to be eligible to nominate for the forth coming series.
Trainers seeking to increase their entry ranking are encouraged to nominate for the March 31 performance trial session.
Nominations for the dedicated performance trial session on Thursday March 31, 2011 close on Monday, March 28 to GRNSW. Following this performance trial sessions nomination for the April 10 heats close with GRNSW at 9am on Friday April 1, 2011.
Nominations must be submitted by fax (02) 8580 5301 or online.
Centrebet Magic Maiden Details & Entry Criteria
- Performance Trials Friday, March 18, 2011 (2 x 520m Four Dog Trials)
- Saturday, March 19, 2011 (2 x 520m Four Dog Trials)
- Friday, March 25, 2011 (2 x 520m Four Dog Trials)
- Saturday, March 26, 2011 (2 x 520m Four Dog Trials)
- Thursday, March 31, 2011 (Unlimited 520m Four Dog Trials)
- Heats: Sunday, April 10, 2011
- Semi-Finals: Friday, April 15, 2011
- Final: Saturday, April 23, 2011
- Eligibility: Open to 88 maiden greyhounds plus reserves. To be eligible for nomination greyhounds must have contested a GRNSW sanctioned Performance Trial or an official race.
- Order Of Entry:
The order of entry for greyhounds nominated for the heats will be as follows:
- Winners of Wentworth Park Performance Qualifying Trials.
- Greyhounds placed in two (2) of their last three (3) race starts;
- Greyhounds placed in one (1) of their last three (3) race starts;
- First start greyhounds having satisfactorily competed in a performance qualifying trial at Wentworth Park as determined by the GRNSW Weighted Points Score Table;
- First start greyhounds having satisfactorily competed in a performance qualifying trial or qualifying trial at any track as determined by the GRNSW Weighted Points Score Table;
- Greyhounds unplaced after having one (1) race start;
- Greyhounds unplaced as determined by the GRNSW Weighted Point Score Table
- Heat Prizemoney: 1st $ 800. 2nd $230. 3rd. $110. Unp $40
- Semi-Final Prizemoney: 1st $ 3,200. 2nd $680. 3rd $320. Unp $50
- Final Prizemoney 1st $25,000. 2nd $6,250. 3rd $3,125 Unp $100