Jumping from box 5 in last nights heats, Dashing Corsair led all the win running 16.24, 42.28 winning by 4 lengths from Kalden Mayhem who ran on well to beat Pulp for second.
It was Dashing Corsair’s 47th win from 108 stars, and not far outside his Wentworth Park 720m best time of 42.05, despite the fact the son of Malfoy ~ Rose Flamenco will turn 4 years of age next month.
In the other heat, Bobby Boucheau ran on well from midfield to catch leader Slick Lee on the line, and get up by a half head in 42.71. Dash Of Shiraz ran on from last early to finish third 4.5 lengths away.
Following last night’s heats at Wentworth Park the box draw for next Saturday night’s final was completed on track. The details of the official draw are published below, but Dashing Corsair looks set to lead all the way after drawing perfectly down in box 1, with other likely pacemaker Sick Lee drawn to run cover for Dashing Corsair from box 3.
The final goes as race 8 at 9.50 pm on Saturday’s ten race program. Gates open at 5.30 pm with the first race at 7.28 pm.
Entry is $5.50 for adults with children free, but people who join Centrebet and create an account, get free access to all Wentworth Park meetings.
You can get free access to all Wentworh Park meetings by joining Centrebet, just click here now.
- Box 1 – Dashing Corsair – Dwyer Lennon
- Box 2 – Dash Of Shiraz – John Thompson
- Box 3 – Slick Lee – Keith Pedrana
- Box 4 – Blue Lorian – Peter Whye
- Box 5 – Kalden Mayhem – Troy Murray
- Box 6 – Bobby Boucheau – Angela Jackson
- Box 7 – Altario – Garry Erwin
- Box 8 – Pulp – Craig Chappelow
- 1st Reserve – So Seductive – Kel Greenough
- 2nd Reserve – Allen Shaul – Andrea Dailly
2011 Betfair Wentworth Park Gold Cup Final Box Draw
Race 8 9.50 pm – Saturday March 26th 2011- 720 metres