The Distance final will kick off proceedings, with Dusty Moonshine the standout performer in last week’s heats clocking a flying 41.93. The daughter of El Grand Senor and Kiacatoo Pearl will be looking for her fourth straight win tomorrow night for trainer Denice Warren, who also has Gotta Problem exiting from box six, giving her two strong chances of making the trip to Perth.
NSW National Distance Championship Final 720m – $12,000 – $3,000 – $1,500
1. Pumped Up Zarr – Neil Staines (42.23): Won two on the trot before finishing third in his heat last week, after getting back mid-field early on. Has drawn ideally in box one to get a good look at the bunny early on and will be running on at the finish.
2. Cyclone Simone – Majella Ferguson (42.62): Has relished the step up in distance, recording three straight wins over the 600m recently and pretty much led all the way in her first attempt over the 720 in solid time.
3. Dusty Moonshine – Denice Warren (41.90): Was the standout performer in the heats last week, recording her fourth straight win and breaking the 42-second barrier. Definitely the one to beat.
4. Cosmic Rosie – Gary Adams (42.33): Has been a very consistent chaser over her past few starts, with an excellent personal best over the distance, could run a cheeky race if she gets room early.
5. Queen Marina – Noelene Holloway (42.28): Has electric early pace and should lead the field. If she can have
some luck will run a gallant race as expected.
6. Gotta Problem – Denice Warren (42.18): ran home very well last week, beaten by a length in fast time. Has drawn awkwardly in box six, however has a flying personal best over this distance and will be competitive.
7. Miss Fiction – Ivan Hanna (42.65): Has a solid record over this distance, however has failed to fire at her past few attempts at the track and will need to improve significantly to challenge this field.
8. My Asuncion: Adele Powell (42.28): Recorded an excellent win last week in fast time and is drawn well on the outside to get a nice run across. Will need to lift more at the finish.
NSW National Sprint Championship 520m: $12,000 – $3,000 – $1,500
An outstanding line-up of greyhounds will compete for the NSW National Sprint Championship title, with favourite runner Chica Destacada, who returned to her sensational best last week, leading all the way in 29.60 in her heat. Queen Esther is also flying at present, recording three of her past four starts at Wentworth Park and has electrifying early pace.
1. Take It All: Doreen Drynan (29.75): Is in great form at present, placing at his past four attempts at the track and has drawn ideally in box one. This greyhound has a very strong motor and look for him to come at them in the latter stages.
2. Silent Effective: Darren Sultana (29.54): When on song this greyhound has a massive motor and can record blistering times. If he gets a clear run, is definitely the one to watch to upset the favourite runners.
3. Chica Destacada: Doreen Drynan (29.49): Has a flying personal best at the track and returned to her brilliant best last week with a 29.60 all the way performance. Can lead all the way and fly the flag proudly for NSW.
4. Bessy Boo: Christine Proctor (29.71): Despite the poor box draw, the Group One Peter Mosman winner will be winding up at the finish and recording a smart time.
5. Tommy Brislane: Steven White (29.51): Ran a gallant second last week behind Chica Destacada in flying time and will need to time his start to perfection to position himself well in this race. Has a sizzling personal best at the track and can lead from start to finish.
6. Asia’s Babe: Marie Burton (29.89): Ran third last week in a heat and will find this race testing from a poor box draw. Place chance.
7. Queen Esther: Noelene Holloway (29.64): Is electrifying at boxrise and is one of the main dangers to take out this final. Has plenty of heart and will be up the front in the early stages.
8. Miss Sueko: Justin King (29.67): Recorded a sensational personal best at the track last month and has enough early pace to get across from the wide draw. Can test this field with a bit of luck.
The NSW Distance final will jump in race six at 9.12pm and the NSW Sprint final will be run in race eight at 9.57pm.