The clubs will conduct three meetings in May to replace meetings usually conducted at Ipswich, which is unable to race due to the annual Ipswich Show. It will be a first for both clubs in conducting a full TAB meeting and certainly a first in having their meetings shown on Sky Channel.
Greyhounds Queensland will cover the costs in providing the vision of the Townsville meeting which is quite substantial. There are no additional vision costs for the Rockhampton meetings due to DVN links already permanently installed at Callaghan Park.
The race meeting schedule during May will be as follows:
- 3 May Sunday Twilight – Rockhampton GRC (Hts Rockhampton Cup)
- 4 May Monday Night – Brisbane GRC
- 5 May Tuesday Twilight – Townsville GRC
- 5 May Tuesday Night – Brisbane GRC
- 6 May Wednesday Twilight – Brisbane GRC
- 6 May Wednesday Night – Rockhampton GRC (Rockhampton Cup Fnl)
- 7 May Thursday Night – Brisbane GRC
- 8 May Friday Twilight – Brisbane GRC
Greyhounds Queensland wish to thank the committee of the Mackay Greyhound Racing Club in agreeing to reschedule their Cup series to June to avoid a clash with the Rockhampton Cup which has been bought forward to May.
Greyhounds Queensland would also like to thank Sky Channel for their assistance and support in covering the Townsville and Rockhampton meetings.
Further details concerning these meetings will be advertised in the very near future.