In total there are six SA Bred greyhounds that have made it into the two events.
Over the last 18 months, South Australian Bred greyhounds have been coming to the fore quite regularly on the Group Race Calendar.
The likes of Fedex, Boozeroo, Gold, Jean Jeannie, Arsonist, Tomic and Pedrosa have all flown the flag for SA Bred in that period.
In recent years, GRSA has introduced initiatives to support SA breeding and the breeders. These include the Maiden Breeders Bonus, the SA Bred Bonus Scheme and the SA Bred Futurity events.
Prizemoney which is available to SA Bred greyhounds directly has grown to close to $450,000 in 2010/11. In the current year, any SA Bred greyhound that wins at a Sky Racing covered meeting automatically receives a bonus as part of the SA Bred Bonus Scheme; and that is for every race it wins.
An SA Bred greyhound such as Where’s Pancho that has won around 20 races, will pick up bonuses of around $4,000 on top of his normal prizemoney; some of that money being returned to the breeder.
The SA Bred runners in the two Finals are:
- Sitka – Collide x Mohar: breeder Mick & Lori Louth
- Satanic Cash – Big Daddy Cool x Satanic Miss: Bob & Deb Isaacson
- Arsonist – Elite State x Flickering Lady: Jim Johnston
- Tomic – Collision x Zetta Bale – Lisa Rasmussen
- Where’s Pancho – Where’s Pedro x Excuse Me – Mike & Karen Wittholz
- Pedrosa – Big Daddy Cool x Brooklyn Rain – Angela Modra