The syndicate, which comprises three friends, bred Nikayla Storm before transferring him to Lara trainer Michelle Mallia-Magri to rear and train.
Nikayla Storm is the first of the syndicates dog’s to make it to the track, and has certainly repaid their faith so far with 12 wins from his 41 race starts.
“They are great owners who are very supportive and never miss their dog run” Mallia – Magri said.
In his heat win from Box 5 last week Nikayla Storm was never headed beating Colpepper by 2 lengths.
Mallia – Magri said that as a youngster Nikayla Storm never showed that he would run beyond 400 metres.
“He matured when he reached two years of age, and has now developed into a very strong dog who just tries his heart out in his races” she said.
Mallia – Magri believes that Nikayla Storm will improve on his run last week as “it was his first run back from a slight injury.”
“If he gets out of the boxes he should be hard to catch” she said.
In a race of many chances there is sure to be plenty of opposition from pre post favorite Aztec Cruise, and local chaser World of Storm.
Aztec Cruise was the fastest heat winner last week when he also led from start to finish, demolishing his rivals by 9.5 lengths.
Aztec Cruise has been in career best form with four wins from his last six race starts, and will jump from outside Nikayla Storm in Box 2.
Lal Lal chaser World of Storm has been knocking on the door for a well deserved win with four seconds in his last four starts, and will jump from Box 3 in the final.
- Comment for the BGRC Committee Trophy:
- 1. 341 – Nikayla Storm (M. Mallia – Magri, Lara) – Has a great draw and won convincingly last start. Sure to be in the finish
- 2. 211 – Aztec Cruise (M. Auld, Tatura) – Brilliant type who is racing in career best form. Ran best heat time last week and will be hard to beat
- 3. 222 – World of Storm (N. Maurer, Lal Lal) – Is a model of consistency and has been knocking on the door of late for a win. One for the multiples
- 4. 713 – Top Show (E. Caruana, Tarneit) – Good heat winner but has awkward box draw. Prefer place chance
- 5. 852 – Colpepper (J. Bahler, Darraweit Guim) – Ran home well last start. Place chance
- 6. 442 – Irinka Todd (A. Osborne, Pearcedale) – Well beaten by Aztec Cruise last start, but has won two from three starts at the track and distance
- 7. 432 – Dinkydi Tex (H. Collins, Lake Goldsmith) – Capable of running a cheeky race at odd’s
- 8. 335 – Trendy Tears (S. Collins, Lake Goldsmith) – Can race on the pace but will need luck
- 9. Res 543 – Alotta Mojo (W. Vassallo, Pearcedale) Has won over longer distances at Sandown. Strong dog who runs on his races but would need luck if he gets a run
- 10. Res 814 – Chill Zapper (P. Riley, Ballarat East) Had her first start over the 550 metres last week. Will need luck if she gets a start