At the function to announce the winners attended by some 200 guests, Rewind was named The TOTE 2011 Tasmanian Greyhound of the Year.
Rewind, owned and trained by Morrie Strickland of Bracknell, won the award after winning 22 races and being placed 11 times from his 38 starts across Tasmania, Victoria and New South Wales during the year.
Other award winners announced were:
- Leading Trainer – Anthony Bullock (85 winners for the year)
- Leading Owner – Ted Astbury (46 wins during the year)
- Most Consistent Greyhound – Damek (20 wins, 2 seconds and 1 third in Tasmania in 2011)
- Leading Broodbitch – Ricky’s Angel (Owned by Ricky Ponting) (Ricky’s Angel’s progeny won 57 races during 2011)
- Leading Sire – Where’s Pedro (Owned by Tony Lockett in New South Wales) (Where’s Pedro’s progeny won 179 races in Tasmania during 2011)
Tasracing’s Chief Executive Officer, Gary Lottering, paid tribute to the industry on its success through 2011 and congratulated the award winners on their achievements.