Amity Bale ($1.40F) sat behind early leader Headley Bale ($8.50) for most of the race before making her move approaching the final turn and racing into favouritism for a fourth Group race title. Her chances improved further after drawing box 1 for the final.
The improving Drill ‘Em ($2.70F) won his sixth race in a row when he defeated National Distance Champion Jarvis Bale ($4.40) by 5.75 lengths in 42.27.
The final of the $36,000 Group 2 Sir John Dillon Memorial will be run at Sandown Park on Thursday 15 October, supported by the fourth Solo Melbourne Cup Prelude Series.
Th box draw for the final of the Group 2 Sir John Dillon Memorial was performed trackside last night and has entrenched Amity Bale a long odds on a favourite to win the race after coming up with a perfect rails draw.
2009 $36,000 Group 2 Sir John Dillon Memorial (715m)
- Amity Bale – Graeme Bate – $1.70
- Dr. Slipstream – Darren McDonald – $17
- Tifi – Chris O’Brien – $13
- Princess Uno – Greg Mills – $51
- Headley Bale – Andrea Dailly – $13
- Jarvis Bale – Graeme Bate – $11
- Shadow Boxer – Darren McDonald – $13
- Drill ‘Em – David Knocker – $4.40
- Jean Jeannie – Geoff Mitchell – 1st Res
- Just Bubba – Noel Boyd – 2nd Res