More Than Ready qualified for the 550 metre final with an impressive two length win in his heat last week.
On that occasion he received a check in running, but was still able to overhaul the opposition in the straight.
Trained at Yangery by Darren Fisher, More Than Ready only transferred into Fisher’s kennel three months ago.
“He has been a bit inconsistent since arriving here from NSW, but when he put’s it together he certainly has plenty of ability.” Fisher said.
More Than Ready has now won three races whilst under the care of Fisher, which included wins at Horsham, Sandown, and last weeks win.
By top sire Bond out of the dam Power of Magic, More Than Ready has drawn Box 7 in the final.
“His run last week was excellent given it was his first look at the track.”
“If he can get a clear run to the first turn he should be hard to beat.”
Fisher believes that the hardest for his chaser to beat in the final will be the Steve Elsum trained Ceejay’s Slinky, and the John Galea trained Awesome Agent.
Form and Comment for the Carmichael/Howell Final :
- 1. 433 – Balding Billy (R. Drew, Warrnambool) – Chased home More Than Ready last week. Has drawn well and not out of a place in his three runs at the track and distance. Place chance best.
- 2. 422 – Awesome Agent (J. Galea, Tarneit ) – First run at the distance last week when led but run down. Sure to be improved by that outing. Chance.
- 3. 732 – Sisco Blues (J. Galea, Lara) – Received check in running last week, but will need luck to figure in the finish.
- 4. 471 – Break Contact (C. Hayes, Mill Park) – Won heat last week from this box draw. Form has been good but will need luck in the run.
- 5. 432 – Essex Girl (C. Danaher, Clunes) – Chased home Ceejay’s Slinky last week. If she can get to the lead in the race she may be a chance.
- 6. 543 – Miss Opie (G. Cini, Deer Park) – Will find this difficult as she has been tardy out of the boxes of late.
- 7. 871 – More Than Ready (D. Fisher, Yangery) – Good win in best winning heat time last week. If he can get a good run in the race will be hard to beat.
- 8. 521 – Ceejay’s Slinky (S. Elsum, Camperdown) – Led all of the way last week. Chance if he can get his own way out in front.
- 9. Res 533 – Appleton (F. Martin, Murtoa) – Well beaten last week. Would need luck in running if he gets a start.
- 10. Res 244 – Pot Thanks Cork (M. Wright, Allansford) – Tends to be tardy from the boxes. Would need to do everything right if he gets a run.