The nominations, in alphabetical order, are:
2010 Sandown Shootout Nominations
- Cosmic Chief, trained by Darren Brown
- Enry Walt, trained by Gary Ennis
- Messi, trained by Pat Sofa
- Perfect Fancy, trained by Darren McDonald
- Proven Jett, trained by Michael Carter
- Pulp, trained by Darren McDonald
- Push The Paint, trained by Angela Langton
- Smooth Fancy, trained by Anthony Azzopardi
- Snozz, trained by Jason Mackay
- So Seductive, trained by Kel Greenough
- Tomic, trained by Petar Jovanovic
The final field, as determined by the Sandown GRC Committee, will be announced during the race meeting on Thursday 28 October with the box draw to be conducted on course.
All Macro Meats Shootout runners receive an exemption through to the heats of the Group 1 Solo Melbourne Cup heats to be run on Thursday 11 November, with the $250,000 final to be run the following week.
The final round of Solo Melbourne Cup Preludes will also be run on Macro Meats Shootout night, ensuring an action packed night of greyhound racing. Richmond star Jack Riewoldt will be oncourse, and patrons will have the opportunity to win a night out at Sandown Park to the value of $5000 for their local sporting club.