Lara trainer Tina Womann has a great chance of taking out the Ballarat Greyhound Racing Club Anniversary Final at Morshead Park.
Womann qualified Arvo’s Breeze and Spiral Siren for the final, which will be run over the 450 metre distance.
Arvo’s Breeze is the pre post favorite for the race following a scintillating run to record the fastest heat qualifying time last week.
By Arvo’s Junior out of the dam Arvo’s Delilah, Arvo’s Breeze has drawn to win the race in the coveted Box 1 draw.
Arvo’s Breeze has won two of her last three race starts and led all of the way last week, careering away from the opposition to record a six length victory.
“She’s quick out of the boxes and she is at her peak at the moment.” Womann said.
“I am hoping that she can lead in the race. If she can she will be hard to beat.”
Womann’s other finalist, Spiral Siren has also drawn well in Box 3.
Six of Spiral Siren’s thirteen race wins to date have come from inside box draws.
The daughter of Spiral Nikita can be tardy out of the boxes at times, but if she can keep out of trouble she will be in the race for a long way.
Last week Spiral Siren ran a close up second to Tractor Max after receiving a check in running.
Others in contention to take out the final are Make Some Noise from Box 6, and Bomber Blue Boy from Box 7.
Form and Comment for the Anniversary Final:
- 1. 161 – Arvo’s Breeze (T. Womann, Lara) – Ideally drawn and looks the one to beat following her all the way win last week.
- 2. 131 – Tractor Max (D. Baker, Carnegie) – Has won two of last three starts and races near the lead in his races. Will be thereabouts.
- 3. 342 – Spiral Siren (T. Womann, Lara) – Has won three from this box draw. Each way chance if she can get a good run in the race.
- 4. 682 – Proven Noir (P. McColl, Kooroocheang) – Runs on in her races but place chance best.
- 5. 312 – Jazash (G. Laidlay, Devon Meadows) – Consistent performer who has ability. Will need luck from awkward box draw but capable of finding the lead and running a good race.
- 6. 511 – Make Some Noise (P. Carmichael, Elliminyt) – Has won his last two starts in impressive fashion. Not drawn well but is a chance if he can get a clear run in the race.
- 7. 221 – Bomber Blue Boy (P. Smith, Wonwondah) – Very consistent with three wins and four placing’s from last seven race starts. Definite chance.
- 8. 552 – Storm Damaged (T. Maurer, Lal Lal) – Good run last week but place chance looks best.
- 9. Res 383 – Infiltrate (C. Bahen, Yuroke) – Would need luck in running if he gains a start in the race.
- 10. Res 333 – Arvo’s Chill (T. Womann, Lara) – Litter sister of Arvo’s Breeze. Has ability but would need some luck if she gets a run.