Stewards heard evidence from Senior Stipendiary Steward Mr P Searle and Public Trainer Mr M Julien.
Mr Julien pleaded guilty to a charge under GAR 86(o) for committing an improper act in that he had placed his hand in his pocket containing a dry rabbits tail and immediately touched the nostrils of Kay Size, prior to the commencement of Race 5 at Greyhounds WA Cannington on the 4 January 2012.
Mr Julien was issued a fine of $500.00
In consideration of penalty Stewards took into account the following:
- Acknowledgement of the offence
- Mr Julien’s co-operation throughout the entire inquiry
- The circumstance surrounding the offence
- The fact that it was Mr Julien’s first such offence
- The fact that KAY SIZE was withdrawn by the Stewards