The nation’s best stayers have their sights set on the Group Two Globe Memorial Easter Chase (720m) after the heats were staged at Sydney‟s Wentworth Park tonight. The oncourse box draw has delivered an exciting final with any number of chances in the $25,000- to-the-winner event.
Robert Smith‟s Newcastle based Lochinvar Vogue was the other heat winner in a slick 42.20s.
Dashing Corsair’s trainer Dwyer Lennon was happy his charge turned the tables on Australia‟s no.1 stayer Drill ‘Em with an exciting all-the-way victory.
“I‟m pretty happy with the run,” he said. I’d be happy with him if he runs the same time (next week). I think they’re all pretty evenly matched and I think it‟s whoever gets the luck on the night. The last couple of times Drill ‘Em has been in front and this time he (Dashing Corsair) was in front.”
Globe Memorial‟s Peter Darroch said he was delighted to support one of Australia‟s best staying events before assisting in the final box draw.
“We have had a long association with greyhound racing and are pleased to be again supporting the Globe Memorial Easter Chase in 2010,” Darroch said. “The Globe Memorial Easter Chase attracts the country‟s best stayers and is an important ingredient of the Golden Easter Egg carnival.”
2010 Globe Memorial Easter Chase Final Box Draw
- Box 1 – Santino Marella Stephen Rolph
- Box 2 – Drill ‘Em David Knocker
- Box 3 – Blue Lorian Peter Whye
- Box 4 – Dashing Corsair Dwyer Lennon
- Box 5 – Jarvis Bale Graeme Bate
- Box 6 – Perfect Pedro Claire Hogan
- Box 7 – Lochinvar Vogue Robert Smith
- Box 8 – Forty Twenty John Heard
- 1st Reserve – Beware Graeme Bate
- 2nd Reserve – Chilli Jim Kenneth Burnett