Online bookmaker reviews Australia
In this section we will break down and review all of the top bookmakers for greyhound racing in Australia and overseas. Our bookmaker reviews section is put together by sports betting experts, who have a strong knowledge of what greyhound racing punters are looking for. Our online betting reviews will examine everything from what bet types each bookmaker has, their deposit options, apps and all aspects of their operations. You can access our bookmaker reviews via the table, or find further information below the table:
Approved bookmaker reviews 2023
AustralianRacingGreyhound only advertises betting sites we personally bet with and our team will give honest insight into each brand in our bookie reviews. This will include information specific to greyhound racing betting, but will also run you through what other sports and racing is available.
Approved AU reviewed betting sites:
- Sportsbet: Arguably the no.1 bookmaker in Australia is Sportsbet, which features things like outstanding betting apps, same race multis on the greyhounds and a plethora of promotions. Sportsbet review.
- Neds: Part of the Ladbrokes stable, Neds is one of the newer bookmakers we have reviewed and you should definitely have them in your rotation. Neds bonus code is also one of the most popular in the business. Neds review.
- bet365: Accepting bets from over 200 countries, bet365 is an outstanding operator for greyhound racing fans. Has extensive futures markets on the greys and is definitely one of the better brands that we have written a bookmaker review for. bet365 review.
- Unibet: Some of the better odds you will find on our approved bookmaker review list are at Unibet, with this brand also having outstanding betting apps. Unibet review.
- Palmerbet: Backed by the NSW Bookies Co-op, Palmerbet is 100% Australian-owned and is one of the smaller bookies we have reviewed. Definitely worth putting in your rotation if you punt on the dogs, because they have some great odds and promos at times. Palmerbet review.
- Betfair: The only betting exchange on our list, Betfair essentially lets you do things like take on favourites, you think are no good. Has very functional apps and a strong reputation in Australia. Betfair review.
- Ladbrokes: One of the biggest online bookmakers in Australia, Ladbrokes provides a great service to greyhound racing punters, including having same race multis and competitive odds. Ladbrokes review.
A new bookmaker review we have is PlayUp, with these guys making quite a splash since launching in 2020 from the Ashes of Topbetta and MadBookie. PlayUp review.
How we review Australian betting sites
The Australian Racing Greyhound team are experienced in all aspects of greyhounds and online wagering. We have greyhound owners, pro punters, form analysts and industry experts in our kennel and we aim to make our reviews of Australia’s betting sites as informative as possible.
There are a number of key criteria we assess when writing bookmaker reviews:
- Bookmaker reputation: If a greyhound betting site has a bad reputation we won’t hold back, with open criticism, not just lies aimed at making us more money. We use our own knowledge, reader feedback and insider knowledge to frame our opinions.
- Greyhound odds available: Not all Australian betting sites cover all greyhound meetings and they are not equal when it comes to prices, whether you can place a big bet and whether there are odds boosts available. Our bookmaker reviews run you through all aspects of greyhound odds available at each brand.
- Bonus offers & promotions: Greyhound bonus offers and promotions are not as frequent in Australia these days, because of local laws, but from time-to-time there are specific offers that we are still allowed to promote. These will be highlighted in our betting site reviews.
- Bookie Deposit options: A key part of betting online is whether they have suitable payment methods to fund your account. For instance some of the most popular deposit options at online bookmakers include POLi and credit and debit cards.
- Bookie history and licensing: An AU online bookmaker must be licensed to operate legally in Australia and our betting reviews will always highight what licensing they hold and what licensing they have held in the past. Looking at the history of bookmakers can often be a great way to highlight whether a company is safe to wager with.