Group 3 races may not be the biggest events on the greyhound racing calendar, but they are still competitive races featuring talented greyhounds which are great to have a wager on.
Group 3 races are a step up from Listed Events, falling underneath Group 1 and 2 races, and are commonly run as support races held on a major race night.
Group 3 races can also include puppy classics, restricted age and sex classics, or even some of the Cup features held at provincial tracks.
While they may not receive as much of the spotlight as Group 1 and 2 races, Group 3 events still attract quality greyhounds and subsequently plenty of betting activity, with punters more willing to invest on these races due to them being of a higher quality.
Where are the best places to bet on Group 3 greyhound races?
Australian Racing Greyhound has a list of recommended bookmakers that offer betting on all Group 3 greyhound races from around Australia. With each runner usually having a genuine chance of success, there is normally plenty of value to be found when betting on Group 3 events.
Each of our recommended bookmakers offer fixed odds betting for each event, allowing you to secure a price for the greyhound you think will win the race. This is one of the better ways to bet on greyhound racing as it enables you to compare the odds between different bookmakers to ensure you are getting the best possible value for your chosen runner, without having to worry about the prices changing after you have placed your bet as is often the case on the parimutuel tote.
Best Online Bookmakers For Group 3 Greyhound Betting
Australian Online Bookmakers
Unibet is one of the world’s leading online bookmakers and they offer regular promotions and special features such as odds boosts. This is excellent value for those who have a winner in mind, giving you better value on the greyhound you think can win.
Bet 365 is one of the most popular bookmakers for punters who like to have a bet on the greyhounds, with their markets generally available at least 24 hours prior to the scheduled running of each event. This is great for those hoping to snag the early value that may be on offer in the race.
BetEasy is one of he newer bookmakers on the betting scene, having several rebrands since March 2015. Owned by he powerful Stars Group, who own online poker site Pokerstars; BetEasy has become a major online betting player in a short period of time and frequently leads the odds markets when it takes a position for or against a runner.
Other popular online bookmakers for betting on greyhound racing include Sportsbet and Neds, which each offer their own value for punters. For example, Sportsbet offer a special promotion called the ‘Sportsbet Owners Enclosure’, which will reward you, should you ever have a greyhound competing in a Group 3 race, with the best price across the three totes rather than the mid-dividend which is normally on offer. They frequently offer daily PowerPlays where you can boost your odds on certain runners.
Once you know which bookie you would like to bet through, placing a wager is quick and easy to do both online or using the bookmaker’s mobile app. All you have to do is find the market, select your runner, bet type and the amount you wish to wager. Once your bet is placed, all you have to do is watch and cheer home your runner as it goes for glory in one of the Group 3 greyhound races stages around Australia.
What greyhound events are Group 3 races?
The complete list of Group 3 greyhound races which are run in Australia each year is as follows:
- Mandurah Birthday Cup (405m) – Mandurah
- Devonport Cup (452m) – Devonport
- Cyril Rowe Bulli Gold Plate (472m) – Bulli
- Big Dog Cup (600m) – Albion Park
- Perth Cup Consolation (530m) – Cannington
- GRV VBIS Breeders series (525m) – The Meadows
- Nowra Summer Puppy Classic (520m) – Nowra
- Betfair Cup (720m) – Wentworth Park
- Magic Maiden (520m) – Wentworth Park
- New Sensation (520m) – Wentworth Park
- The Ambrosoli (520m) – Wentworth Park
- Bert Bryant Memorial (595m) – Sandown Park
- The Lizrene (715m) – Sandown Park
- Ladies Bracelet (520m) – Wentworth Park
- Harrison-Dawson (515m) – Sandown Park
- Bulli Gold Cup (472m) – Bulli
- Darwin Cup (537m) – Winnellie Park
- Laurie Heallion Memorial (515m) – The Gardens
- Townsville Cup (498m) – Townsville
- Dapto Maiden (520m) – Dapto
- SA Oaks (515m) – Angle Park
- Chairman’s Cup (720m) – Wentworth Park
- Canberra Cup (530m) – Canberra
- SA Derby (515m) – Angle Park
- Casino Cup (484m) – Casino
- TopCat Video Cup (725m) – The Meadows
- Mandurah Cup (490m) – Mandurah
- Gold Coast Cup (520m) – Albion Park
- Nowra Spring Puppy Classic Final (520m) – Nowra
- Sydney Cup (720m) – Wentworth Park
- Cranbourne Puppy Classic (520m) – Cranbourne
- Silver Bullet (525m) – The Meadows
- Young Stars Classic (530m) – Cannington
- City of Ipswich Gold Cup (520m) – Ipswich
- Brian Johnstone (515m) – Angle Park
- Summer Cup (720m) – Wentworth Park
- John Stollery Christmas Gift (520m) – Wentworth Park