The box draw for the $250,000 2010 Melbourne Cup final has been performed trackside and released.
Arguably some of the finest greyhound racing seen in recent group racing, the 2010 Melbourne Cup heats saw a spectacular performance of speed from El Grand Senor to lead all the way in a slashing 29.43 win.
The run was all the more impressive as El Grand Senor broke his own second sectional record of 18.63, by more than half a length, running 18.59 on the way to his devastating win which should surely see him start a short favourite in the rich Group 1 final.
Equally as impressive,although not as quick, were the performances at opposite ends of the spectrum from youngster Aston Galilee, leading all the way in 29.66; and old-timer Zambola Bale, who lead all the way in 29.60.
The other heat winners were Symmetry in 29.49, Dee Winter in 29.46, Messi in 29.62, Dyna Obelia in 29.83 and Outa Credit, who was the only greyhound to win from off the pace down the back straight, in 29.72.
Australian Racing Greyhound will have full reviews of the 2010 Melbourne Cup heats as well as Melbourne Cup tips, betting and previews and daily updates of the Melbourne Cup as we count down do the big final next week.
$250,000 Group 1 Solo Melbourne Cup Final
- Box 1 – Dyna Obelia – Andrea Dailly
- Box 2 – El Grand Senor – Carolyne Jones
- Box 3 – Aston Galilee – Jason Thompson
- Box 4 – Dee Winter – Ray Henness
- Box 5 – Messi – Pat Sofra
- Box 6 – Outa Credit – Jason Thompson
- Box 7 – Zambola Bale – Graeme Bate
- Box 8 – Symmetry – Robert Britton
- 1st res – Seek And Destroy – Anthony Azzopardi
- 2nd res – Daintree Palace – Lauren Gorman