The NSW Office of Liquor & Gaming has this morning stated that expressions of interest are being called for interested persons wanting to be considered for appointment to the boards of Harness Racing NSW and Greyhound Racing NSW (GRNSW).
Mr Souris said the term of office of one member of Harness Racing NSW will expire on 2 February 2014, and the terms of office of two members of Greyhound Racing NSW will expire on 9 February 2014, with replacements now being sought.
“The NSW Government is committed to supporting the growth and economic viability of all three codes of racing – thoroughbreds, harness racing and greyhounds – and seeks quality candidates for these upcoming board positions,” Mr Souris said.
“Harness Racing NSW and Greyhound Racing NSW are the independent bodies responsible for controlling, supervising and regulating the harness racing and greyhound racing industries in our State.
“Expressions of interest are now being sought for interested persons wanting to be considered for appointment to the three upcoming vacant positions on the two boards.
“Candidates for appointment are required to have experience in a senior administrative role or experience at a senior level in one or more of the fields of business, finance, law, marketing, technology, commerce, regulatory administration or regulatory enforcement.
“A selection panel will be formed, and be assisted by a probity advisor, to recommend candidates for appointment based on merit and in accordance with the eligibility and skills-based criteria prescribed in the Harness Racing Act and Greyhound Racing Act.
“Selection will be determined on merit based on a candidate’s abilities, qualifications, experience and personal qualities. Proposed members will be required to undergo a probity assessment before appointment.
“Full selection criteria for the board appointments is prescribed in Sections 6 and 7 of both Acts which can be viewed online at www.legislation.nsw.gov.au”
Expressions of interest can be made in writing, clearly marked private and confidential, to:
Mr John Braddock
Harness Racing NSW/Greyhound Racing NSW Appointments
Office of Liquor, Gaming and Racing
GPO Box 7060
SYDNEY NSW 2001
Further information may be requested by email on [email protected]
Closing date for expressions of interest is Wednesday 20 November 2013.
Mr Souris said the boards of Harness Racing NSW and Greyhound Racing NSW consist of five members each, with membership being for a term of up to four years.
- Greyhound Racing NSW’s main responsibilities are:
- to control, supervise and regulate greyhound racing in the State;
- to register greyhound racing clubs, greyhound trial tracks, greyhounds, owners and trainers of greyhounds, bookmakers for greyhound racing and other persons associated with greyhound racing;
- to initiate, develop and implement policies considered conductive to the promotion, strategic development and welfare of the greyhound racing industry;
- to distribute money received as a result of commercial arrangements required by the Totalizator Act 1997; and
- to allocate to greyhound racing clubs the dates on which they may conduct greyhound racing meetings.