She’s got plenty of ability, has the form on the board, and is primed for one of the biggest wins of her short racing career at Ballarat on Wednesday night.
Her name is Uno Toni, and she has drawn ideally in Box 1 in the Tony’s on High Catering Grade 5 Final.
The final, which will be run over 550 metres, has assembled a good field of middle distance chasers from last week’s heats.
Uno Toni has won four of her fourteen race starts, with all of these being from the Box 1 draw.
“I am ecstatic with the draw. She just excels when she is drawn close to the rails” her trainer Tony Sacco said.
Sacco, who has had his fair share or troubles recently, is continuing racing under a stay of proceedings while he protests his innocence before the Racing Appeals Tribunal over a 2 year disqualification handed out recently by GRV Stewards.
However, Uno Toni (Primo Uno-Hello Josephine) helped Sacco put that behind him last week, when she sat behind the leaders, before unleashing a powerful burst in the straight to career away for a 2.75 length victory.
Her heat win was even more meritorious given she received an early check in running.
“She has been in great form with two wins from her past three starts.”
“Hopefully she can get another good run from her box draw and repeat last week’s performance in the final.” Sacco said.
Sacco believes that there are a number of chances in an open race, with Sticky Boy, Sirocco Hero and Sirocco Style being the hardest to beat.
- Form and comment for the Tony’s on High Catering Final :
- 1. 151 – Uno Toni (A. Sacco – Wattle Flat) – Has an ideal box draw. Will be hard to beat on last week’s heat win in 31.48.
- 2. 311 – Sticky Boy (M. Auld, Tatura) – In an astute kennel. Will be looking to make it three wins in succession. Has won or been placed at each of his race outings. Excellent chance from this box draw.
- 3. 542 – Mr. Deniro (E. Sladdin, Sebastopol) – Led from the same box draw last week. Place chance best.
- 4. 333 – Kella (S. Watson, Smythes Creek) – Has won at the track and distance. Ran home last week but will need luck from this draw.
- 5. 312 – Sirocco Style (G. Cini, Deer Park) – Ran a great race behind Sirocco Hero last week to be only beaten 1.5 lengths. Chance if he can get a clear run.
- 6. 451 – Sirocco Hero (W. Vassallo, Pearcedale) – Led and won his heat in fastest time last week. City class chaser who can overcome his difficult box draw.
- 7. 753 – Motorcity Cobra (L. Delbridge, Balliang) – Has won three of his six race wins from this box draw. Ran home well last week. Place chance.
- 8. 332 – Insanity’s Cool (P. Riley, Ballarat East) – In career best form. Led from Box 1 last week at first start over distance. Sure to be improved and a definite chance if he can lead.
- 9. Res 363 – Elbow’s Rinaldi (R. Raven, Smythes Creek) Trained locally but would need luck if he gets a run.
- 10. Res 634 – Motoring Along (C. Perry, Crowlands) Has been racing consistently but would need luck in running.