TAB Sportsbet immediately shortened her price to $2.80, having opened at $14 pre-post.
Bekim Bale, one of the most highly regarded greyhounds of recent years, set the time standard in last week’s heats, stopping the clock at 29.28, but the track record holder will have to be at his absolute best after drawing box 4.
Enry Walt, the only greyhound contesting the final that is not owned by Paul Wheeler, also drew poorly in box 3. The oldest greyhound in the race, Enry Walt overcame box 3 for the first time in his career to claim his place in the final, and will need to repeat that effort in what will be his final race before heading to stud.
Solo Melbourne Cup night is the biggest night of greyhound racing in Australia, with a stack of free activities for the whole family complimenting all the action on the track, including the running of the Group 1 Bold Trease Carnival Cup for the stayers. Punters will be well looked after too, with a guaranteed $200,000 Quaddie Pool on the card courtesy of TAB Sportsbet.
Entry is free, gates open at 6pm and the first race will be run at 7.08pm.
Click here for a summary of last week’s action, and for replays of each heat.
Group 1 Solo Melbourne Cup (515m)
- Box 1 – Shereen Bale – Graeme Bate – $2.80
- Box 2 – Numero Uno Bale – Graeme Bate – $10
- Box 3 – Enry Walt – Gary Ennis – $26
- Box 4 – Bekim Bale – Andrea Dailly – $2.50
- Box 5 – Bala Bale – Andrea Dailly – $12
- Box 6 – Allen Elroy – Graeme Bate – $14
- Box 7 – Dyna Tron – Andrea Dailly – $3.20
- Box 8 – Dyna Morris – Andrea Dailly – $41
- 1st res – Dyna Bert – Andrea Dailly – $16
- 2nd res – Allen Harper – Graeme Bate – SCR