She’s a Bond, not of the 007 kind, but the four legged variety.
Her name is Mistress Bond, and she has the ability to run the opposition off their legs in Wednesday night’s MTD Grade 5 Final at Ballarat on Wednesday night.
Her trainer Chris Hislop said that her 1.5 length victory last week to qualify for the final was “very good considering she raced with the muzzle between her teeth”.
He said that he couldn’t work out why she was slow out of the boxes last week, as she is normally quick out. He was only alerted to the problem after the race finished.
“She can run some very fast splits in her races. Hopefully she can lead, and then it’s up to the opposition to catch her” he said.
Mistress Bond is exceptionally well bred, being by the well credentialed sire Bond, out of the dam Sparkelle Burn, which is a half sister to Elite State.
Hislop has only had Mistress Bond in his kennel for a month, but she has already shown plenty of ability with a win and third placing from her two starts for the kennel.
Mistress Bond, who has just turned two years of age, had previously won four races at Albion Park, and two at Capalabah in Queensland.
She will have to do everything right though, as there are some very classy dog’s engaged in the final.
Most notable are the Jason Thompson trained Lone Stone and Lot’s of Moolah.
Lone Stone was the fastest heat qualifier last week, and raced away from the opposition to record an 8.25 length victory.
Lot’s of Moolah was equally impressive when he came from behind Captain Hastings to record a 3.5 length win.
- Form and comment for the MTD Final:
- 1. 341 – Jimmy Douglas (K. Ward, St. Leonards) – Solid winner last week and will appreciate his good box draw. Has won four of ten starts at this track and distance.
- 2. 122 – Proven Placid (P. McColl, Hepburn Springs) – Capable of running into the placings.
- 3. 831 – Belena Haze (T. Breen, Snake Valley) – Very capable young chaser who has won three of her four race starts at this track and distance. Place chance.
- 4. 131 – Mistress Bond (C. Hislop, Mt. Glasgow) – Will probably lead them out and give the opposition something to chase. Chance if she can get it all her own way in front.
- 5. 111 – Lone Stone (J. Thompson, Pearcedale) – Was the fastest heat qualifier last week when he led from Box 6. Above average chaser who will be hard to beat.
- 6. 761 – Lots of Moolah (J. Thompson, Pearcedale) – Has won four of his seven wins from this box draw. Great win last week and sure to be in the finish.
- 7. 211 – Elite Luke (J. Galea, Tarneit) – Led from start to finish last week. Has ability and not without a chance in an open race.
- 8. 512 – Captain Hastings (J. Galea, Tarneit) – In good form. Place chance from this box draw.
- 9. Res 462 – Connel Bale (K. Hunt, Lara) Would need to draw well if he gets a start.
- 10. Res 662 – Pantene Bale (K. Hunt, Lara) Likely to struggle in this field if she gets a run.