Greyhound Racing South Australia (GRSA) today released the box draw for the annual 2021 “Eastar” March Race series which will this year be raced at Gawler due to the Angle Park shutdown.
This years Eastar Match Race series will be held over the Easter weekend on Sunday 4th April 2021. The series is normally conducted at Angle Park however this year was shifted to Gawler over the 531m due to the pending Angle Park redevelopment.
It will be race four on the program with the first match race due to start at 6.35pm (SA time), Match 2 at 6.43pm, Match 3 at 6.51pm and Match 4 at 7.04pm.
2021 Eastar Match Race Series Box Draw
- 1. Lily Pad – Lisa Rasmussen
- 2. Burning Nitro – Nicole Price
- 3. Velocity Bottino – Troy Murray
- 4. Threaten – Ben Rawlings
- 5. Stress The Point – Nicole Price
- 6. All Show – Don Turner
- 7. Barbados Express – Ben Rawlings
- 8. Ned’s Chance – Richard Pearce
- 9. Mega Dossa – Ben Rawlings (1st Res)
- 10. Springvale Arge – Ray Murray (2nd Res)
Matches will be (1-4) will be:
- 1. Lily Pad v Burning Nitro ($2,000, $350) @ 6.35pm
- 2. Velocity Bottino v Threaten ($2,750, $350) @ 6.43pm
- 3. Stress The Point v All Show ($2,250, $350) @ 6.51pm
- 4. Barbados Express v Ned’s Chance ($2,500, $350) @ 7.04pm
Online bookmakers will be betting on each head to head greyhound match race, as well as the overall winner and placings.
Prizemoney for each Match will range between $2,750 and $2,000 with unplaced $350 for each Match.
The overall Eastar winner will be based on overall fastest times and will receive $4,500, second $1,300, third $650.
As an added bonus for connections, the overall winner of the Gawler Eastar will be guaranteed a spot in the State of Origin Match race series (SA V Vic) to be held at the newly developed Angle Park track in September, as long as it is nominated and eligible to represent SA.
The winner of the State of Origin Match Race Series guarantees itself a spot in the Group 1 Adelaide Cup in October and if successful will be guaranteed a spot in the Group 1 Topgun at the Meadows in November.