Today in greyhound racing: Locals control Darwin, Headley flying
- Wivenhoe trainer John McCarthy qualifies three dogs for the $25,000 to the winner Group 3 Rockhampton Cup.
- David Agius gets his first group race finalist when Good Girl Sandy wins through to the Group 2 Shepparton Cup.
- Northern Territory greyhounds were to the fore in the heats of the Group 3 Darwin Cup.
- John Cauchi, the only man in Australia to have ever been jailed for 18 months for killing a rabbit is disqualified for life by GRNSW
- Bruce Teague deliberates over the changing wagering landscape, the influence of online bookmakers, and wonders where its all heading?
- Dimity Maher takes a brief look at the semi finalists on the Group 3 Laurie Healion Memorial from The Gardens.
- The background and history of the Group 1 Maturity Classic
- Bruce Teague puts the lack of leadership from the national greyhound body Greyhounds Australasia in his sights and doesn’t miss.
- Young trainer Beau Headley was making headlines training his uncle’s “Avondale” line of greyhounds.
- Mark Gatt’s “Ritza” greyhounds dominated the Group 3 Laurie Healion Memorial heats with Ritza Hattie the star performer.
- Tasmanian greyhound She’s All Class made it nine wins in a row winning the JG Nelson Cup final at Launceston.
- Goulburn greyhounds is less than a week from staging its first ever TAB greyhound meeting at the upgraded track and facilities.
- Seventeen nominations are taken for the Victorian state national distance championships heats to be held at The Meadows including Irma Bale and Czar.
- Liz and Ossie Chegia’s running battle with GRSA officialdom continues with Ossie outed over misconduct charges.
- Queensland unveils its nominations for the national sprint and distance championships heats including Dashing Corsair, Bogie King and Mr Metz.
- GRNSW announce the nominations for their state national sprint and distance championships heats with greyhound to run including Oaks Road, He Knows Uno and Beer Assassin.
- Kilty Lad emerges as the one they all have to beat in the Group 1 Maturity Classic.
- Bruce Teague takes a look at jackpots and exotics pools and the misreporting of dividends since the introduction of “flexi” betting.
- Litter brothers Kenstrelle and Hayden’s Run provide Barry and Mavis Wilkinson with a winning double at Casino greys.
- Australian racing Greyhound take a look at GRV’s announcement of a $1.1M increase in prize money and wonder where the priorities lie for Victoria’s lead greyhound authority?
- The Neil Falls trained Maxie’s Chariot was the fastest dog of the night at the Casino greyhound meeting.
More Greyhounds News